The administration of probate estates and trusts can be complicated and difficult to maneuver without guidance from experienced counsel. Our attorneys represent trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, heirs, creditors, and other fiduciaries in administrative matters. Further, we handle probate estates and trusts of all sizes and complexities, including those involving real estate, business interests, and assets located in more than one state.
Emotional and thorny issues frequently emerge when a loved one passes away. Our goal is to alleviate the estate administration stress so that clients can concentrate on more significant burdens resulting from the loss of a loved one. We strive to efficiently manage the administrative process and achieve the best possible outcomes, whether there are tax issues, liquidity concerns, or challenging family relationships at play.
Personal representatives and trustees are fiduciaries, and in that capacity, one must act with the highest standard of care. Fiduciary laws continue to evolve and increase in complexity, and our attorneys can assist the fiduciary in fulfilling his or her duties prudently and effectively. We also help clients navigate through contentious matters involving disputes over trust and probate administration, wills, and other estate planning issues requiring litigation.
Our attorneys are experienced with:
- Probate of estates
- Small estate affidavits
- Administration of trusts and estates
- Fiduciary duty counsel and litigation
- Family settlement agreements and judicial settlements
- Estate and trust mediation
- Modification, reformation and termination of trusts
- Trust and will construction
- Trustee removal and succession matters
- Trust and estate litigation / will contests
- Elective shares and rights of surviving spouses